Anything caprese, has my name on it. The tomato, basil, mozzarella, balsamic combo is devine. What is the best canvas for those luscious flavors? Chicken. Pretty much anything goes with chicken and caprese is no exception. This recipe is super easy and gives you time to prepare other parts of your meal while it is in the oven.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP basil pesto (store bought is fine)
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the fat off of the chicken breasts and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray and put in the chicken.
- Spread about 1/2 TBSP of basil pesto on each of the chicken breasts. If you like more go for more, if you want less do less.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half and put about five on each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on both chicken breasts
- Put in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- When there is about 15 minute left on the chicken, put your balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan on medium heat. Bring it to a simmer, and then let it reduce. It is best to be consistently stirring the vinegar because it burns easily.
- When the chicken is done the balsamic reduction should also be done. Remove the chicken from the oven and immediately pour the reduction on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is such a tasty dinner, and just as easy! Give it a try and let me know what you think!